SmartKlub Industrial Placements
An Industrial Placement with SmartKlub offers a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on experience in a fast-moving and innovative organisation. This is a chance for you to deliver your placement objectives for anyone interested in Community and Smart Energy. We are committed to providing you with skills and experience to make a difference in your career.
We hope to answer the main questions you may have regarding this opportunity. However, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
What could I be doing?
Depending on circumstances, you will partake in one or more of the following activities:
- SmartKlub PR and Communication activity: 1 November 2018 – Our projects rely on community and supplier involvement so Public Relations via social media is the key to getting Communities to engage. You will help organise and author social media posts including blogs in your special interest area. LATEST: Opportunity taken.
- Project Support Officer: 1 November 2018 – Depending on opportunities and your interest area, you will get the chance to work on our ground-breaking projects in our partner cities. LATEST: Opportunity not currently available.
As SmartKlub is a pre-revenue startup these opportunities are unpaid Industrial Placements as part of a higher education course in line with UK Employment Rights.
It is expected that an individual will work between 1 and 3 days per week. Placements will typically last between 3 and 6 months but are negotiable. This work can be completed at project sites and from home.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for candidates that fulfil the following specifications:
- Undergraduate/Graduate (predicted/achieved 2:1 minimum)
- Relevant first degree or postgraduate in Distributed Energy, Environment, Smart Communities or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Confident with basic office software and social media.
What is the application process?
Please begin by registering your interest below. This way we can log your contact details and keep in touch with you in the future.
If there is a vacancy (check above), send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and specify the role you are applying for. In your cover letter explain why you are interested in joining SmartKlub, and outline what you want out of an Industrial Placement.
We will invite the best candidates for a video interview via Google Hangout.
This will give us a chance to get to know each other, and if we believe that you are suited for SmartKlub and SmartKlub can give you what you want in return, then we’ll take it further.
To see how recent interns got on, please follow the links below:
If you would like to be kept up-to-date with future opportunities, then please register your interest below.