Interning with SmartKlub offers a fantastic opportunity to get a hands-on experience in a fast-moving and innovative organisation. This is an excellent chance to gain experience for anyone interested in Energy, Environment, Smart Cities and Public Relations. Regardless of your specific interests, we are committed to providing you with skills and experience that will make a difference in your career.
We hope to now answer most of the questions you may have in regards to this opportunity. If anything is left unanswered, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
What will I be doing?
Depending on circumstances, you will partake in one or more of the following activities:
- SmartKlub PR and communication activity: 1 April 2017 – This is an important aspect of what we do because our projects rely on community and supplier involvement. A well-oiled PR strategy is the key to getting people to engage with us, and we would greatly appreciate your help. But don’t worry, you won’t be thrown in alone at the deep end. You will team up with us and our PR agency Edson Evers to deliver this. Opportunity available
- Regen and Retrofit Task Group: 1 October 2016 – SmartKlub has been selected to contribute to the UK Green Build Council’s task group on creating a model approach for Local Authorities to help communities help themselves with energy efficiency projects within their neighbourhood. There is an opportunity from September 2016 to April 2017 to be part of this activity helping with research and recommendations to Local Authorities and UK Government. Opportunity now taken
- SmartKlub City Research: 1 January 2017 – SmartKlub projects are tailored to their host city. Inevitably, different cities have very different needs. Therefore, you can help us by researching prospective SmartKlub cities. This will involve identifying the key stakeholders, the city’s values and its existing energy infrastructure. Not only will this provide you with a unique level of knowledge into city community energy, but it will also provide us with invaluable information on our target cities. Opportunity now taken
- Project Support Officer: 1 April 2017 – You can get the chance to work on our ground-breaking InnovateUK projects in Milton Keynes and Nottingham. This will be as part of our agile development activities such as co-creation focus groups, customer impact surveys and system testing. Opportunity available
This work can be completed from home and will be unpaid. It is expected that an intern will work between 1 and 3 days per week. Internships will typically last between 2 and 4 months.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for candidates that fulfil the following specifications:
- Undergraduate/Graduate (predicted/achieved 2:1 minimum)
- An interest in Energy, Environment, Smart Cities and PR
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and social media skills
- Confident with basic software packages and online platforms.
Please begin by registering your interest below. This way we can log your contact details and keep in touch with you in the future.
If there is a vacancy (check under Current Vacancies), then send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and specify the role you are applying for. In your cover letter, try to explain why you are interested in joining SmartKlub as an intern, and outline what makes you the ideal candidate for the programme.
If we are impressed by your CV and cover letter, then we will invite you for a video interview via Google Hangout.
This will give us a chance to get to know you, and if we believe that you are suited for SmartKlub then we can get you involved as soon as possible!
To see how recent interns got on, please follow the links below:
If you would like to be kept up-to-date with future opportunities, then please register your interest below.
Register your interest